Enjoy camping under the stars at one of several campsites in the Owen Sound area, where you can enjoy nature's amenities in surround sound. Our campgrounds cater to families, offering bike-friendly trails, shady areas, and promises of s'mores by the fire.
Some offer direct access to the Bruce Trail, which forms a ribbon around the city, through forests and parkland, linking waterfalls and rivers along the Niagara Escarpment.
Harrison Park Family Campground
Welcome to the Harrison Park Family Campground. In order to get the most out of your stay, please review the information provided.
Harrison Park Family Campground will be operating Friday, May 5, 2023 to Monday, October 9, 2023.
*NEW* Online Registrations for campsites at the Harrison Park Family Campground for the 2023 Camping Season will be accepted commencing at 9:00 a.m. on Wednesday February 1, 2023 and will be booked on a first call basis. Phone and in-person registrations will be available starting Friday, May 5, 2023, when the Campground Office reopens.
Please verify that your equipment size does not exceed the recommended equipment size for the site you are booking. No refunds are issued if you arrive and your equipment does not fit the site. Look for the recommended equipment size under "Amenities" when you are selecting a site.
For further information, email email@example.com or call 519-371-9734. Please note, during off-season, there will be a delay in email and voicemail responses.
- 97 sites serviced with water, each site is equipped with two 15 amp outlets, and either a 30 amp or 50 amp hydro service.
- 3 comfort stations. Stations 1 and 2 feature shower facilities.
- Laundromat (laundry facilities are available pending COVID-19 restrictions in effect for indoor shared facilities during your stay).
- No outside firewood is permitted. Firewood is available for purchase at the Campground Office.
- RV dumping station is available and complimentary for registered campers.
- Complimentary access to the Harrison Park Pool, with your campsite booking for the duration of your stay.
- Trails for all abilities;
- Heated, outdoor pool
- 2 accessible playgrounds in Harrison Park, and one playground within the camping area;
- Bird sanctuary;
- Harrison Park Inn Restaurant;
- Tennis/pickle ball courts;
- Basketball courts;
- Black History Cairn;
- Mini golf;
- Canoe and paddleboat rentals; and
- Many more ways to enjoy all that Harrison Park and Owen Sound have to offer just a short walk from your site.
In 2023, the City is looking forward to offering a new camping experience at Harrison Park. The heritage building formerly known as “The Kitchen” is currently under renovation to offer a premium campground experience. Reservations are Sunday-Sunday 7 night rentals or a 3 night minimum. From July 16, 2023 to October 8, 2023.
PHONE BOOKINGS ONLY 519-371-9734 BEGINNING APRIL 14, 2023 AT 9:00 A.M.
Cabin layout – 2 double beds and a double pull-out sofa mattress.
This cabin is equipped with electricity, microwave, coffeemaker, fridge, sink, range top, fire extinguisher, dustpan, broom, and dining table with 6 chairs.
Basic kitchen inventory includes: cutlery, dishes, mixing bowls, frying pans, cups, mugs and miscellaneous kitchen utensils. A full list of inventory can be provided by Campground staff
- Renters are responsible for bringing their own linens/sleeping bags & pillows
A charcoal camp BBQ is supplied adjacent to the cabin
Washrooms with showers are within walking distance
Please review the Harrison Park Cabin Rules & Regulations
$53.78/night + HST
$1,435.00/week + HST for Harrison Park Heritage Cabin Rental
The City of Owen Sound reserves the right to allow, restrict or cancel bookings at any time.
Registrations for Kelso Beach at Nawash Park Campground for the 2023 Camping season are not yet available.
Kelso Beach at Nawash Park Campground is located at 200 18th Street West, 4.2km north of the Harrison Park Campground.
Kelso Beach at Nawash Park Campground bookings and check-in are administered at Harrison Park Family Campground.
Kelso Beach at Nawash Park Campground offers limited, overflow camping on long weekends and during special events such as the Summerfolk Music & Crafts Festival, sports tournaments, and the Owen Sound Salmon Spectacular fishing derby. Kelso Beach Campground is suitable for tents, small RVs, and small trailers. Washrooms and showers are provided in the newly renovated facility with accessible features.
For 2022 onwards, Kelso Beach Campground will be operating with a standard campground configuration with 65 un-serviced sites. Water and Power are no longer available.
- 65 un-serviced sites;
- 1 comfort station with shower facilities;
- Kelso Beach at Nawash Park, across the street from Kelso Beach at Nawash Park Campground, offers access to:
- Sand Beach;
- Accessible trails;
- Good Cheer Splash Pad;
- Good Cheer Accessible Washroom and Change Room;
- Soccer field and ball diamond;
- Gitche Namewikwe'dong Reconciliation Garden; and
- Hosts annual festivals including Canada Day celebrations and Summerfolk Music & Crafts Festival.
$50.46/night + HST
- An 85% refund will be granted when a request for refund form is received by staff 14 days or more in advance of the arrival date on the confirmed contract;
- If a refund request form is received by staff between 7 and 13 days in advance of the arrival date on the confirmed contract, an 85% credit will be applied to the customer’s facility booking account;
- No refund or credit will be issued for refund request forms received within 6 and 0 days in advance of the arrival date on the confirmed contract
Full Refund Policy can be found here.
Please complete the refund request form and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org